Go down
No Organization
View user profile

Video Re: Yakuza Locations Tour 2017 - A Documentary series comparing Kabukicho, Tokyo to Kamurocho, Tokyo

on 26/4/2018, 3:09 pm
Hm... According to my YouTube analytics, the Location Tour videos have received more 'dislikes' than 'likes'. Not that it matters. Just thought it was interesting.
Website Owner
Website Owner
Saejima-gumi
Customize Profile : Project JUDGE
View user profilehttps://www.yakuzaforums.comhttps://twitter.com/YakuzaForumshttps://www.youtube.com/yakuzaforumshttps://discord.gg/z9p4pAC

Video Re: Yakuza Locations Tour 2017 - A Documentary series comparing Kabukicho, Tokyo to Kamurocho, Tokyo

on 26/4/2018, 5:44 pm
@TheElecPlay wrote:Hm... According to my YouTube analytics, the Location Tour videos have received more 'dislikes' than 'likes'. Not that it matters. Just thought it was interesting.

That's strange, I didn't expect that at all. Keep up with the solid videos. Akiyama Pointing

No Organization
View user profile

on 19/6/2018, 3:34 pm
Appreciate it.
No Organization
View user profile

on 12/7/2018, 6:57 pm
One of the things that made the Yakuza (Ryu ga Gotoku) games great were the product placements. Although product placements are considered blatant when it comes to movies, I always thought they were cool in games.

Without them, I would have never been able to discover places like:

Karaoke-kan (the karaoke place in the Yakuza games)

Shinjuku Batting Center (Batting cages in the Yakuza main games)

Nadai Fujisoba (featured in Yakuza 6)

Nadai Fujisoba Kiwami 2

Daikoku Drugstore (featured in Yakuza 5 and Yakuza 0)

PIZZA-LA (Kiryu has his own pizza delivery substory in Yakuza 0)

Gindaco Takoyaki (Yakuza 6)

APA Hotel (Yakuza 6)

Pronto Bar (featured in Yakuza 3 onwards)

Last edited by TheElecPlay on 16/7/2018, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
No Organization
View user profile

on 16/7/2018, 3:48 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Oops forgot about Matsuya!

What's interesting about Matsuya was it's marketing campaign during the Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5 promotional period. There was a Yakuza 4 Kiryu-inspired curry base that you can purchase at the store as well as a Yakuza 5 Haruka inspired curry. It was probably a nod to Yakuza 3 since Kiryu would always cook curry for the Morning Glory orphanage. Since Yakuza 0, Matsuya has been absent in Kamurocho (presumably due to licensing expiration).
No Organization
View user profile

on 7/9/2018, 12:00 pm
Now that KIWAMI 2 is released in the West, you can compare and contrast Kamurocho featured in Kiwami 2 and real-life Kabukicho in the 2017 Location Tours series!

Here's the Japanese pre-launch event I attended in December 2017:
No Organization
View user profile

on 18/9/2018, 3:17 pm
What's odd is the fact that the Godzilla Hotel (Shijuku Gracery) which opened in 2014-2015 and it's the real-life Millennium Tower. In 2012, the area was under construction and it was once part of TOHO CINEMAS/Theater.

2016:

2012:

No Organization
View user profile

on 22/10/2018, 4:36 pm
You may notice that every episode of the Location Tour series uses background music from one of the many shops/restaurants in the games. The Matsuya episode uses the background music from the Matsuya track in Yakuza 3, 4, 5, Dead Souls. Poppo Mart alone has over 20-30 minutes worth of background music in Yakuza 5-Yakuza 0. A lot of care and attention to detail (ableit subtle to the common player) were put into making the game come to life. It took agonizing hours to leave my video capture on standby as I left the game in idle to record the BGM.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum