Go down
No Organization
View user profile

Video Yakuza 2 & Yakuza Kiwami 2 Simultaneous Comparison

on 19/3/2018, 8:34 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
In December 2017, I made my Twitch.TV debut by playing both Yakuza 2 and Kiwami 2 simultaneously (translating and narrating the dialogue) providing in-depth analysis of both games especially the new refinements and tweaks featured in the Dragon Engine 2.0 and completing all side-activities and substories.

Chapter 1 -

Chapter 1 END - Meeting Daigo Dojima

Chapter 2 - Ryuji Goda The Dragon of Kansai

Chapter 3 - Tojo & Omi Alliance

Chapter 4 - Sayama The Yakuza Eater

Chapter 4 PART 2 - The Soutenbori Mahjong Informant

Chapter 4 END - Bounty on Kiryu's Head

Chapter 5 - Return to Kamurocho

Chapter 5 PART 2 - Majima's Support

Chapter 5 END - Kiryu vs Majima

Chapter 6 - Kazuki's Twin

Chapter 7 - The Bartender's Betrayal

Chapter 8 - The Florist of Sai

Chapter 8 END - Rescuing Daigo Dojima

Chapter 9 - Terada's Funeral

Chapter 9 END - Shindo's Indecency

Chapter 10 - Kage's Kid

Chapter 10 END - Ryuji's Tattoo

Chapter 11 - Murai Christmas

Chapter 12 - Haruka Kidnapped

Chapter 12 END - Kiryu vs Feral Tigers

Chapter 13 - Quality time with Kiryu & Haruka

Chapter 13 END - Sayama learns the truth

Chapter 14 - Tender moment with Kiryu & Sayama

Chapter 14 END - Kamurocho's da bomb

Chapter 15 - Majima's 'Instinct'

FINALE - Kiryu VS. Ryuji
Website Owner
Website Owner
Saejima-gumi
Customize Profile : Project JUDGE
View user profilehttps://www.yakuzaforums.comhttps://twitter.com/YakuzaForumshttps://www.youtube.com/yakuzaforumshttps://discord.gg/z9p4pAC

Video Re: Yakuza 2 & Yakuza Kiwami 2 Simultaneous Comparison

on 20/3/2018, 12:17 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Nice. I've come across your videos a few times before.  

No Organization
View user profile

on 20/3/2018, 6:38 pm
@CREEPnCRAWL wrote:Nice. I've come across your videos a few times before.  

Much appreciated, CreepnCrawl!
No Organization
View user profile

on 7/4/2018, 4:05 pm

If you'd like to watch Yakuza 2 & Yakuza Kiwami 2 LEGEND Mode Comparison (fully translated & narrated) in its entirety, click here
No Organization
View user profile

on 28/4/2018, 3:38 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Update: In May, I will be removing the entire Yakuza 2 & Kiwami 2 simultaneous comparison videos for numerous reasons:

1) Lack of interest/views: Despite my efforts in providing live translation and narration, attendance on Twitch and archive views on YouTube were subpar. Chapter 13 END for instance has less than 30 views.
2) Game is in the process of being localized anyway.

Thanks for understanding.

Last edited by TheElecPlay on 25/6/2018, 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Administrator
Administrator
Peace Finance
Customize Profile : Futoshi Shimano
View user profilehttp://www.hihanteki.comhttps://twitter.com/Hihanteki

on 29/4/2018, 4:23 am
@TheElecPlay wrote:Update: In May, I will be removing the entire Yakuza 2 & Kiwami 2 simultaneous comparison videos for numerous reasons:

1) Lack of interest/views: Despite my efforts in providing live translation and narration, attendance on Twitch and archive views on YouTube were subpar. Chapter 13 END for instance has less than 30 views.
2) YouTube analytics have shown these videos were the most 'downvoted' on my channel. Chapter 1 for instance has 5 'Likes', '13 dislikes'. Although downvotes or upvotes don't affect the videos, it does affect me as a content creator as I would assume viewers do not like the content they're seeing on my channel.
3) Game is in the process of being localized anyway.

Thanks for understanding.

I get that, I feel most people were sort of expecting side by sides of just the cutscenes and fights separately, personally I had trouble watching it because of the narration. Long form content on YouTube is a very tricky thing to make as well. I think the series itself had a lot going against it more specifically in it's execution, and I think it's something that could maybe be redone in the future post-release of Yakuza Kiwami 2. If the content was more separated rather and edited it may have better reception. That said it would also be wise to make sure that if you do something like that, you release it on semi regular scheduled basis because a lot of people who do similar things for other games tend to release a whole batch of videos at once instead of sprinkling it out and that tends to alienate your subscribers and spam both their notifications, recommendations, and subscription feeds. Something similar to what Devilleon7 did with comparing Yakuza 2 and Kiwami 2's QTE and Heat actions will also attract more positive attention because it's generally shorter content in comparison and it streamlines to what people want to see. Having a long form comparison is hard to watch because people will have to wait a while until they see the specific things they may want to see, and also as I already said long form content ON YouTube doesn't have an easy time attracting attention. Also, of course, if you were to retry something like this maybe wait a month after the game's release in the west that way people get a chance to experience it first.

Either way, good idea that wasn't executed great.

批判的     
    critical    
No Organization
View user profile

on 29/4/2018, 3:10 pm
Mods please close this topic. Thanks.
No Organization
View user profile

on 8/9/2018, 2:41 pm
Game design difference #1. When you get to Chapter 4 in the original Yakuza 2, there are certain aspects of the chapter where you'll have to 'think outside the box' especially when you have to talk to the Mahjong Informant. Remember, always talk to Kurokawa (the purple suited thug that kisses up to Kiryu) so you won't have to pay a dime to the Informant when he asks for 300 grand:

In Kiwami 2 however, they've made it so that Kiryu realizes Esaki is hardballing him and decides to go to Kurokawa. In the original, you had the option to pay the guy 300 grand.

Game design difference #2

By far the most controversial at the time of its Japanese release, was the absence of Sinseicho - a third city featured in the original Yakuza 2. Sinseicho was based on Shinsekai and the Tsutenkaku tower.

No Organization
View user profile

on 18/9/2018, 3:04 pm
Minor game design difference:

When Kiryu and Sayama enter the Millennium Tower to meet with The Florist of Sai, there is a cutscene in the original Yakuza 2 that was removed in Kiwami 2.
No Organization
View user profile

on 18/9/2018, 9:45 pm
Gameplay difference:

At the beginning of Chapter 7, Kiryu and Date take the injured Kazuki and Kawara to Emoto's Clinic. In Kiwami 2, you can make your way through the underground theater (inaccessible in the original Yakuza 2) to avoid pedestrians and police.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum