Go down
No Organization
View user profile

Video ROBOCOP Easter Egg in Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

on 12/4/2018, 1:05 am

Over the years, there have been countless ROBOCOP references in all of pop culture including cartoons, TV sketches, video games and movies. In Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, the superhuman, crime-fighting cyborg is briefly mentioned.
No Organization
View user profile

Video Re: ROBOCOP Easter Egg in Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

on 12/4/2018, 2:03 pm
I always wondered, how much did it cost Sega to mention RoboCop in Yakuza 6. Having played Ryu ga Gotoku 6 a year and a half ago, I'd assume the localization team would change the script slightly. You could get away with it entirely in Japanese but to my surprise they kept it.

The 8-bit track used in the video was the RoboCop theme from the Data East arcade game. Arranged by video game composer, Hitomi Komatsu.
Goryu-kai
Customize Profile : Kazuma Kiryu
View user profilehttps://twitter.com/Zerastormhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwuBSdvQ6uSmUbB6lqx3hXQ

on 12/4/2018, 5:15 pm
They went all out with Yakuza 6. It's Kiryus Final Chapter and that's why they had a bigger budget than usual. That's what I think at least

No Organization
View user profile

on 12/4/2018, 5:37 pm
@Zeraslight wrote:They went all out with Yakuza 6. It's Kiryus Final Chapter and that's why they had a bigger budget than usual. That's what I think at least

I think the RGG Studios team spent all their resources and budget on building the new engine. You might notice that the game lacks a lot of the signature product placements and establishments from previous titles: Matsuya, Pronto, Daikoku Drugstore, Kyushu Ichibansei Ramen, etc. RGG 5 had the most product placements in the series history but I think they wanted to spend all the effort in making the Dragon Engine as good as it possibly can. Kiwami 2 is an example of how much additional refinements, tuning and polish can make the game a much more enjoyable experience.
Administrator
Administrator
Shibata-gumi
Customize Profile : Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
View user profile

on 12/4/2018, 8:29 pm
I dont want to watch it yet, cause spoilers. But I love ROBOCOP so I will love this.

Awesome signature thanks to kira
No Organization
View user profile

on 12/4/2018, 8:46 pm
@STRANGEgenius wrote:I dont want to watch it yet, cause spoilers. But I love ROBOCOP so I will love this.

No worries, STRANGEgenius. I try not to spoil the sub-stories or any important elements when it comes to easter eggs or the Location Tour videos. It's mainly a reference that gets straight to the point.
Administrator
Administrator
Shibata-gumi
View user profile

on 13/4/2018, 3:39 pm
@TheElecPlay wrote:
@STRANGEgenius wrote:I dont want to watch it yet, cause spoilers. But I love ROBOCOP so I will love this.

No worries, STRANGEgenius. I try not to spoil the sub-stories or any important elements when it comes to easter eggs or the Location Tour videos. It's mainly a reference that gets straight to the point.

Good man!

Nikkyoren
Customize Profile : Futoshi Shimano
View user profilehttp://www.hihanteki.comhttps://twitter.com/Hihanteki

on 15/4/2018, 12:10 am
Interesting, I also wonder how much it would cost to name drop like that.

SEGA's out here.
Jun Oda

批判的     
    critical    
Goryu-kai
Customize Profile : Kazuma Kiryu
View user profilehttps://twitter.com/Zerastormhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwuBSdvQ6uSmUbB6lqx3hXQ

on 13/5/2018, 5:45 am
Yakuza 6 has some Easter Eggs from earlier Yakuza Games as well. The Scene were Kiryu gets nearly pissed on and he uses Harutos pampers to defend himself against it, he says something like "This already happened once it won't happen to me again" A reference to one Sidestory in Yakuza 4 were Kiryu gets pissed on. Also another scene in Final Chapter
Spoiler:
As soon as the helicopter appears he says something like "They always come up with Helicopters" A reference to all the Helicopter from Yakuza 3 which meant some serious Trouble as well
And there's even more. The game is full of eastereggs^^

Administrator
Administrator
Shibata-gumi
View user profile

on 13/5/2018, 8:48 pm
@Zeraslight wrote:Yakuza 6 has some Easter Eggs from earlier Yakuza Games as well. The Scene were Kiryu gets nearly pissed on and he uses Harutos pampers to defend himself against it, he says something like "This already happened once it won't happen to me again" A reference to one Sidestory in Yakuza 4 were Kiryu gets pissed on. Also another scene in Final Chapter
Spoiler:
As soon as the helicopter appears he says something like  "They always come up with Helicopters" A reference to all the Helicopter from Yakuza 3 which meant some serious Trouble as well
And there's even more. The game is full of eastereggs^^

Yakuza:
I laughed so hard at the helicopter reference hahahah.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum